Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Adjustable or Non-Adjustable TA?

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2006, 11:33 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Adjustable or Non-Adjustable TA?

I've looked and looked and looked again. So I am starting over.

I'm looking at the BMR TA's and can't decide on my own which one to get. I know the adjustable one is good because you can adjust the pinion angle but do I really need it?

Car in sig and I will never adjust the ride height because the headers are too close to the ground now. Would the TA relocation kit BMR makes help anything?
Old 08-15-2006, 12:06 PM
FormerVendor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Hello,

From the sounds of it a Non-Adjustable will work fine for you. The only down fall to it is there is no adjustment, so if in the future you gain some wheel hop back after adding some additional engine mods you can't make any changes. Otherwise they work nice for the inexpensive price. I am not sure on the others but ours will not clear with out grinding on a 9" so if you plan on upgrading your rear end keep that in mind.

If I can help anymore please ask.

Thanks!
Ryan
Old 08-15-2006, 01:22 PM
12 Second Club

Stand up guy considering I wasn't even looking at his products.

Thanks Ryan.
Old 08-15-2006, 02:42 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

LS1Tech 20 Year Member

Originally Posted by FirebirdWS62K1
I've looked and looked and looked again. So I am starting over.

I'm looking at the BMR TA's and can't decide on my own which one to get. I know the adjustable one is good because you can adjust the pinion angle but do I really need it?

Car in sig and I will never adjust the ride height because the headers are too close to the ground now. Would the TA relocation kit BMR makes help anything?
If plan on using our torque arm relocation mount to move the instant center you will need the adjustable unit to make pinion angle corrections otherwise the non adjustable unit will work great for you. Our non adjustable torque arm is made of the same material as the adjustable version so you are not giving up any critical strength and is also 100% 9" compatible Let me know if you have any other questions or concerns.

Lee Spicher
lee@bmrfabrication
(813)986-9302

Lee Spicher

Quick Reply: Adjustable or Non-Adjustable TA?