Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

need a question answered with a quickness please!

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2006 | 06:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Default need a question answered with a quickness please!

for the next couple hours ill be here at the house re-adjusting the angles between the trans/rear. i know how to set pinion angle and i know how to trans tail shaft angle (which is off, turns out i wasnt supposed to put the spacer in with the poly mount). back to my question.

the car is not on 100% level ground. turns out if i put the angle finder on the ground there is a -3* slope. (which since i have been setting pinion angle on said slope im obviously off some since i never bothered to check it before.

well if i raise the car on jackstands (of course the rear end needs to be supporting the weight on the rear and i have jack stands up front.

does the body need to be level for me to accurately set the pinion angle and tail shaft angle? (say if i put the angle finder on my subframe connector in the center of the car should it be at 0*?)
Old 08-19-2006 | 12:40 AM

Put it down 2* from your driveshaft if your car is basically level but not perfect. Measuring off your diveshaft will be close enough, and will probably get you ~2.75* of negative [down] pinion angle.
Old 08-19-2006 | 07:32 AM
TECH Fanatic

thanks for the help!