Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

question about prokit...

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2006, 12:49 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default question about prokit...

right now i have the slp 1 inch drop all the way around with the matched billistein hd shocks. How much different will it affect my ride to have a prokit installed? also how will clearence be with headers.
Old 08-19-2006, 07:08 PM
10 Second Club

Clearance will be worse, ride will be like a box spring... The bouncing might be good for your back but bad for your kidneys...
Old 08-20-2006, 12:05 AM
TECH Apprentice

so its really that much worse? is there any way i can lower the front a little more with out affecting the ride so much?
Old 08-20-2006, 12:21 AM
10 Second Club

Really it will be all a matter of your opinion. Barring that the shocks you have really aren't valved all that greatly for the amount of lowering that the Pro-Kit would offer. If you already are driving a lowered car it should be fine as long as you are consistent with your driving habits...

Also it depends on how your headers and exhaust are set up. Some of our clamps scrape, because of the way the bolts hang, but we are not as low as a Pro-Kit (n/m Sportlines... )

Maybe someone else will chime in, since we do not run the Pro-Kit ourselves, it will all be a matter of your opinion of your own car. I figure though, it will be harsher the more you lower the car unless you get a set of shocks to better dampen the springs.

What springs does SLP use to lower 1" ?
Old 08-20-2006, 04:15 AM
TECH Addict

I personally wouldnt get the pro-kit with the exhaust setup you have. It will darg almost anywhere!! If you have any bad roads within your driving area then I would suggest not getting the pro kit and stick with what you got. Invest in an air ride suspension other-wise. But thats just my opinion.