Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

quality of ebay rotors

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2006, 02:47 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default quality of ebay rotors

im wanting to do a brake swap and am wanting the look of the slotted/cross drilled rotors. I found these, and several like them on ebay http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/98-02...QQcmdZViewItem

just wondering if anyone has any experience with these or ones like them. Im wondering if the difference in price between these and more expensive rotors (baer etc...) is justified by the difference in quality. Thanks in advance
Old 08-22-2006, 03:45 PM
Launching!

don't bother go to summitracing.com and pick up the slotted rotor and pad package from stainless steel brake corp for like 360 shipped includes front and rear....can't beat the price and they work great
Old 08-23-2006, 11:50 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

From what I know, any rotor made out of OEM meterial is going to be the same. This of course is assuming they machine everything true. I have ALWAYS used cheap *** rotors, and have had issues with none. Unless your serious with auto-x or a full out race car, don't spend alot of money on rotors. Those slotted and drilled rotors should not be an issue.

Pads, and Calipers are different, but for OEM replacement, it is required that they work AS GOOD OR BETTER. If you wanted a serious upgrade, get BEAR, or other comparable brands... Those kits are usually alot more expensive. The reason those rotors are so cheap is because they are not made in America, but instead in CHina, or some other place with extremely low pay rates.
Old 08-23-2006, 09:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

I drive my car Daily.. I mean every day 250 mi a week on chicago highways and traffic and in the rain snow everyhitng. So my brakes see some serious use and abuse on the street in the daily grind. My experience.. I warped a set of Delco rotors in ~5K miles with performance frictions pads. I replaced the pads and rotors with power slots and new hawk pads right before the 05 power tour 8 days ~3K mi they were warped. then did the cheap drilled and slotted rotors 3 times (all of which were soo highly recomened by the LS1 Tech members are being great.. bahhh) and those all warped AND cracked after ~1K each. Finally I listed to the select few and put brembo blanks and fresh performance friction pads they are going strong with over 12K on them.

Quick Reply: quality of ebay rotors