Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

rear stiffness quest.

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2006, 06:44 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default rear stiffness quest.

I understand that the more squat you have the more energy is lost out of the hole.
I was removing some items from the back of my car and noticed I could push my rear end down easily. Using a high tech arm "O" meter & gravity the back of the car can be pushed down a few inches and it seems to have some slight springyness befor it settles back to zero.
Please reply and tell me if this is normal. I have been thinking about LCA's (cheep first susp. mod) to help with my car spinning all over hell and back on the spray.

Thanks
Bobby
Old 09-21-2006, 10:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Sounds normal for stock springs and shocks. However, stiffer springs and shocks also reduce weight transfer to the rear end (another thing to consider). The LCAs you mentioned would be a good start (sticky tires are the best thing). A torque arm would be a good next suspension mod to consider for traction.
Old 09-22-2006, 02:54 AM
Staging Lane

Ok, that is what I wanted to hear.
If I were to put stiffer shocks in the rear, it would prob. feel like I was on wagon wheels.
I see guys with big hp running stock susp. with sticky tires and flat out kicking a$$ on 60ft times. I am trying to find a good set of drag radials to put on my extra stock WS6 rims I have hanging on the wall.
thanks for the reply, I was starting to feel pretty stupid for even asking!
Old 09-24-2006, 10:52 AM
Teching In

Sounds to me you should have spent an extra few bucks and bought you that dream Vette........... Haha