Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

squeak... ive tried everything

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2006, 05:08 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default squeak... ive tried everything

ok.. so ive tried it all. i had a squeak. i put new pads and rotors on, autozone brand. it stopped for a while. than i got them good and hot one night and it came back, so i replaced them all again this time with cross drilled and slotted and all, cermic pads. and its worse now than ever. its bad from about 40 mph and down, sounds like a class of kindergarderns runnign there hands down a chalk board. what can i do, i put new hardwear kits on, its coming from the left front and right rear. please help. its to the point where im ready to sell the car over this. what else can i try, everyhting is greased. everything is new expcet the caliper and mount. i cant take this anymore even the ricers are laughing at me when i pull up to a stop sign.

it aslo only does it when the brakes have warmed up
Old 09-25-2006, 05:50 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

cross drilled and slotted... are you asking for your rotors to crack?

my question is this... what pad were you using before.. and what pads did you replace them with? Did you properly break in the pad to the rotors? did you change your fluid? did you notice anything near the rotor's to cause a squeel ? have you replaced or looked at your front bearings?

more info needed..
Old 09-25-2006, 06:05 PM
On The Tree

checked the bearings, checked the fluid, i see NOTHING that can be touching the rotor to cause a squeak, i had wagner pads on it befor and had the squeak, now i have duralast cermic. and it worse. the rotor does look like its getting a like from where maybe the hardware kit is hitting it, but theres no way it can touch it, the only thing i can guess is maybe that caliper is going bad and not pushing down even, causing one side to go faster than the other? i dont know. i broke the pads in just like people say, doing sevral stops getting harder on them and waiting.
Old 09-25-2006, 11:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Did you put the anti-squeak goop on the back of the pads? I recently did all 4 corners. I put the red goop (comes in blue also) on the back of all 8 brake pads. It's supposed to stop the pads from vibrating and causing a squeak. I also recommend cleaning and lubing your pins/sliders if you didn't do that already.

Fyi, I didn't go with ceramic pads. I have Hawk HPS.
Old 09-26-2006, 09:02 AM
On The Tree

i put that stuff on last time and it didnt help i guess ill try that today