Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Question about installing upper PHB relocation kit

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2006, 03:57 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Question about installing upper PHB relocation kit

Hey, So im instaling my upper PHB relo kit and i got to the point to where i needed to unbolt the passenger's side bolt holding the stock upper PHB and as i back it out, it hits the spring... Am i required to take the spring out or is there something im missing. Also, the directions it comes with says to use a 7mm socket to take the heat shield support off but i cant fit one up there. I look through my dad's tools cause i dont have a 7mm wrench but the only wrenches he has are by fractions, like 1/4, 5/16 etc... Is there such a thing as an equivalent to a 7mm??? I tried a 1/4 and that was too small then i tried a 5/16 and that was too big... this is drivin me nuts cause this is such a simple install. Can anyone give me any advice on what to do?

Also, the directions says to have the suspension loaded, what is the reason for this?
Old 11-05-2006, 04:06 PM
Staging Lane

I did the same mod 2 weeks ago. You may have to raise or lower the rear to move the spring into a position so that the bolt can pass by one of the spring coils.

Great mod. I needed it for a true dual 3" over the axle setup.

Good luck

Bob
Old 11-05-2006, 10:12 PM
TECH Resident

dam... thats what i thought. Ok and did u get the 3" setup to fit nicely over the axle? The shop thats doin mine says that a 3" wont fit at all... I told him about the phb relo kit and he had never heard of it so im guessing he has no idea about it. Im debating on wether or not to find another shop to do it, but there are no sponsers really nearby to me. I really wish there was...