Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

SJM website

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2006, 07:48 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SJM website

Why is the SJM website scripted they way it is? I can't copy, I can't cut, I can't paste... For what reason? What's the point?!
Old 11-15-2006, 08:41 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 46 Likes on 19 Posts

probably to avoid being copy/pasted and put into competitor sites?
Old 11-15-2006, 10:33 AM
TECH Resident

Well, I guess it'll stop a techno-peasant.
Old 11-16-2006, 06:47 AM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I can answer that.

Many of our products and designs are proprietary. You’ll notice the site is not like many other “cookie cutter” templates that are provided by web-site merchants to build a quick low-cost website to get their company up and running.

We have spent quite a bit of money creating the site, creating images, creating scripts. There have been companies who have been upset from competitors or ma-and-pa shops (cottage industries) stealing their work they paid for editing/creation. If you noticed, the source code is hidden and encrypted.

It doesn’t take much effort if a company or individual likes how a website is scripted and copy their source code and work to mimic their own website to perform similar. We have implemented a user friendly e-mail form for quicker response time while reducing “phishing”. We now know when a customer fills out our forms, they are truly interested in our products and provide us with the necessary information to help meet their goals. Since most of our products are custom designs and do not have part numbers, this is very important. This increases productivity since quantifying the clients needs are met quicker. This provides a service to help meet customer’s goals much more efficiently. We do not just sell products; we provide customer support and customization to the clients needs.

We are not trying to hide our products, we are here for support and answer customers requests the best we can. If there is something that I can help you with, feel free to e-mail or call and I would be more then happy to accommodate you the best I can.

How can I help you?
Old 11-22-2006, 06:34 PM
TECH Resident

Good answer. I just found it annoying that I couldn't paste my question into the e-mail box on the site. It was pretty long and invovled so that's my reason for being lazy. I got it now though. Thanks.