Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Weld Wheels on street?

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2006, 06:41 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Weld Wheels on street?

Looking for a new wheel/tire setup. I was wondering if anyone on here runs weld drag wheels on the street. I got into an arguement with my brother today. He claims you cant run them on the street or they will crack from bumps and or turning.. I explained to him that i would only run a set on the back (15x11 or 12), with a drag radial. and a stock or like stock wheel on front with a regular performance street tire... Just looking for some opinions on if this is feasable. Please direct this if its in the wrong section, thanks
Old 12-03-2006, 10:31 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Some people do use them on the street, but that doesn't mean you're suppose to. Welds are not designed to handle tough turns and side loads, so there is a possibility of them bending. But I have seen people use them on daily drivers.
Old 12-03-2006, 11:15 AM
TECH Regular

It's like everything else,We all have opinions on it,some have with no problems others have had problems.

I have run drag wheels on the street with no problems,I don't drive on them as hard as I would another wheel either

What do feel comfortable with.
Old 12-03-2006, 10:47 PM
12 Second Club

A lot of cars run them on the street. If you dont drive it like a jackass you should be just fine.

Quick Reply: Weld Wheels on street?