Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Bilstein Ultra Performance ?

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2006, 11:50 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Bilstein Ultra Performance ?

My car currently has the Bilstein Ultra Performance suspension package. How much do these springs lower the car. I was told a few diff answers varying from 1 - 1.5". I want to lower it a little more maybe .3-.5" or so if infact it is only a 1" drop. I was looking at the Strano springs and the G2 springs. I need to know how much of a drop the Ultra Performance package actually gives before I do anything though. Thanks in advance.
Old 12-11-2006, 01:23 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 130 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by big reg
My car currently has the Bilstein Ultra Performance suspension package. How much do these springs lower the car. I was told a few diff answers varying from 1 - 1.5". I want to lower it a little more maybe .3-.5" or so if infact it is only a 1" drop. I was looking at the Strano springs and the G2 springs. I need to know how much of a drop the Ultra Performance package actually gives before I do anything though. Thanks in advance.
There is no way anyone can give you an accurate assessment of how much lower you'd end up by just comparing the names.

I'll tell you my springs leave most cars sitting right @ 26" ground to fender in front and 26.75-27 in the rear. And G2 springs are quite a bit lower primarily in the rear along with being significanly stiffer. There are a number of threads showing cars with all kinds of springs on them, I'd check them out carefully, but note that not all cars are the same. I know I have pics of one particular car that doesn't look lowered at all on my springs, but when you see how high it was stock you can see it's definitely lower. It was just sooooo tall stock, and that's where YMMV.

18 SCCA National Championships in house, many more for our customers prove we know our stuff.Talk is cheap, results matter.

Check out our KONI prices, our Master Cylinder Brace, and new Xtracker Hub/wheel bearing upgrade kits!