Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Got everything installed... almost

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2007, 11:56 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Got everything installed... almost

I got my rotors and pads installed, My Powerbond 25% underdrive pulley, My torque arm bushing, My APC race seat and 5 pt harness...

Tomorrow I am going to get all my suspension installed

4 koni shocks, 35 mm sway bar and 21 mm rear sway bar, Strano springs, and Panhard Bar. Also an alignment

I however have a problem.. I dunno if its from the new belt, but at near standstill or 5 mph roll, when I turn the steering wheel, it vibrates.. I dunno if my power steering fluid is low, but I just checked it and it was fine, so Im wondering if the new belt is the cause?

Anyways, Tomorrow, besides my alignment and suspension install. I am going to drain my power steering fluid and refill with valvoline synthetic. Im also going to re bleed my brakes.. any other suggestions? Differential service? I did it 5K - 10K miles ago.. I dont think Its necessary..

-----------------------------------------------

2 more days and its Willow Springs
Old 01-09-2007, 11:56 PM
11 Second Club

and yes I did an oil change a couple of days ago as well as coolant service.

Yes Im taking spare brake fluid, oil and rotors and pads with me, as well as a spare belt.
Old 01-10-2007, 12:17 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

just a guess, and I'm sure you'll get a better response..but since your power steering pump is now being underdriven by 25% it doesn't surprise me to hear that it acts a little funny at low rpm. I bet if you rev it up at 5 mph and try to turn the vibration goes away.
Old 01-10-2007, 02:37 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Philhawk02
just a guess, and I'm sure you'll get a better response..but since your power steering pump is now being underdriven by 25% it doesn't surprise me to hear that it acts a little funny at low rpm. I bet if you rev it up at 5 mph and try to turn the vibration goes away.
well sir, your response sounds good enough. I just was hoping it isnt anything serious, that would cause my belt to come off during my race.

Quick Reply: Got everything installed... almost