Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

LCA relo brackets

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2007, 11:50 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LCA relo brackets

Can you put relo brackets on stock LCA and what benefit?
Old 01-16-2007, 12:12 PM
TECH Veteran

They will work with stock control arms.
Old 01-16-2007, 12:27 PM
FormerVendor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 2_wacko
They will work with stock control arms.
Yes correct, the relocation brackets whether bolt on or weld in will work with the stock control arms and any aftermarket control arms.

Hope that helps,
Ryan
Old 01-16-2007, 12:38 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 134 Likes on 87 Posts

Ok, we established you can do it. To answer your question of benefit.... You get the same change in geometry from the LCA brackets regardless of which LCA's are used. Issue that needs considered is how that geometry change effects things other than straight line grip, like handling and stability.

If you have a hop issue, and like to drive the car spiritedly you might consider LCA's or a different TA before brackets, since the brackets can induce roll oversteer into the axle which isn't ideal for cars that tend to be tail-happy anyway at the limit.

Now, I sell all of Ryan's stuff (UMI). And I'm not saying that your might not need or want brackets. I'm saying it depends on what you are after, and also what you know about how each part effects the whole suspension in the end. Now, these aren't things I can help much with by e-mail, suspensions are very integrated. But I'd be happy to try and help you by phone if you like.

18 SCCA National Championships in house, many more for our customers prove we know our stuff.Talk is cheap, results matter.

Check out our KONI prices, our Master Cylinder Brace, and new Xtracker Hub/wheel bearing upgrade kits!
Old 01-16-2007, 05:12 PM
On The Tree

I dont have any wheel hop at all and read in posts that the brackets helped wheel spin more than the control arms.
Old 01-16-2007, 06:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

I had terrible wheel hop, I mean it felt like the car was going to shake apart when I put MT DR's on. I welded on some UMI reloc brackets using the bottom bolt hole with the stock LCA's, ZERO wheel hop.