Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

installed lca's, and now the car seems to shift from right to left at higher speeds,

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2007, 05:57 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default installed lca's, and now the car seems to shift from right to left at higher speeds,

okay, so i installed granatelli 2 point SFC's. i also installed lower control arms and a drive shaft loop + g brace. after this i notice the alighnment or something is bad. the car's rear seems to be sliding left to right. its very noticable at higher speeds,

im doing this to get my rear end centered, i have a upper and lower panhard bar, but when i went to instal the upper panahard i noticed that my stock upper panhard bushing(well it like a welded bushing or something) is backwards from the new upper. the dimples on the new bushing are to the front of the car while my stock upper panhard the dimples in the bushing are towards the back.

discovering this ( and the combination of KNOWING i needed to get the adjustable panhard) i decided to hold off on the panhard untill i get the adjustable.

Q1. whats making my rearend shift back and forth at speed? the sfc & lca were installed, but the panhard assembly was removed and reinstalled. so it has to do with something mentioned.

Q2. will the adjustable panhard will fix my rearends centering issue??

Q3. whats the deal with my upper torque arm? granatelli told me my stock upper appeared to be different from all normal fbody uppers, one of the tech guys said that when they run short of parts GM makes due and it had to do with a bolt shortage??
Old 02-01-2007, 09:16 PM
12 Second Club

did u tq all hardware when car was up on jacks? if so u will need to lift car and loosen all hardware from sfc and lca, lower car back on ground, then tq all hardware. hardware needs to be tq'd while car suspension is under load. hope this helps.

fuerzaws6
Old 02-01-2007, 09:23 PM
Banned

took to the shop for alighnment, and it got rid of it.

thanks

Last edited by sobaka79; 02-02-2007 at 05:19 PM.

Quick Reply: installed lca's, and now the car seems to shift from right to left at higher speeds,