Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Powerslot install... Something is going wrong!

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2007, 10:30 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Powerslot install... Something is going wrong!

After installing new front rotors and pads, I started to break them in today. 10x a 35-5mph stop. When I got home, I noticed that the driver's side was HOT and DARK with brake dust, while the passenger's side was only warm, and had minimal dusting. What the heck is going on here? Im guessing that its different presures in the line, and I will need to bleed the pass. side caliper. I took some pictures so yall can compare:

Drivers:

Pass:

I'm going to bleed them and repeat the break in process. Anyone else with advice?
Old 01-28-2007, 10:31 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

caliper sticking on teh drivers side perhaps?
Old 01-28-2007, 10:51 AM
Launching!

it looks like you have air in the system. the driverside looks normal to me. but your passenger side looks like there isnt enough pressure. but I am going on the experience i have had in the past. but you should jack the car up and see if there is any difference in the resistance, on each side.
Old 01-28-2007, 11:34 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 01FbTaWs6
caliper sticking on teh drivers side perhaps?

I did shove it in pretty far for the new pads... But theres no noticable differance in cruising since I changed everything out.
Old 01-28-2007, 12:07 PM
Launching!

Well, you both were right on the money... Pass side had LOTS of air, and drivers side wheel is VERY hard to turn... I bled the pass, but how do I go about fixing the caliper?
Old 01-28-2007, 03:28 PM
Launching!

i would take it off. and then check to see if it is binding somehow. I dont have experience with binding calipers. but You can always call the company that makes them and ask them.
Old 01-28-2007, 03:41 PM
TECH Apprentice

I have experienced issues with the new pad not sliding properly. There was to much paint on the back side of the pad so I had to grind it off in order to get it to slide and release properly. Take a look at how easy they slide in the caliper. If it is tight at all get a little sand paper in the guide to help it move properly.
Old 01-28-2007, 05:19 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You might have a stuck slider pin, or two on the drivers side. Unbolt the caliper, remove it, and pull the rubber boots and slider pins out (the boots just pop off). If you can get them out, grease them with disk brake caliper grease (any autoparts store) and reassemble.
Old 01-30-2007, 09:17 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by trackbird
You might have a stuck slider pin, or two on the drivers side. Unbolt the caliper, remove it, and pull the rubber boots and slider pins out (the boots just pop off). If you can get them out, grease them with disk brake caliper grease (any autoparts store) and reassemble.

This was my problem. It took me an hour to get that slider out.

Now, the brakes on the siezed side are squeaking like hell. I did the break-in procedeure after i repaced the slider, so what can i do now to minimalize the squeaking??
Old 01-30-2007, 09:31 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by FbodyAttraction
This was my problem. It took me an hour to get that slider out.

Now, the brakes on the siezed side are squeaking like hell. I did the break-in procedeure after i repaced the slider, so what can i do now to minimalize the squeaking??
drive it.. same thing happened to me i bled all sides made sure they were greased so the calipers released and they just squeeked for a bit in the front until everything settled in...
Old 01-30-2007, 01:12 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by carado1984
drive it.. same thing happened to me i bled all sides made sure they were greased so the calipers released and they just squeeked for a bit in the front until everything settled in...
I do love driving! lol. Thanks yall!