Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Lowering Help Needed ASAP!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2007, 03:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lowering Help Needed ASAP!!

Ok well I have an 01 WS6 and my car is currently lowered right now, I think the stock springs were cut...and it looks like the stock shocks.

Front - from the fender to the top of the rim is 3 1/2 inches
Rear - from the fender to the top of the rim is 4 3/8 inches

The car rides like total ****!!! it feels like every tiny bump and crevice i bottom out....I jacked up the car and I can compress the srpings with my bare hands...

I want the car to be the same height after I put new springs on it...I like the look of it right now and it looks like the Eibach Sportlines are pretty close...I dont care about drag racing I am more into road racing...so I need a good spring

Does anyone know how these ride? Also anyone who has them on their car can they measure the distance from the fenders to the top of the rim?
Old 02-06-2007, 06:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

A lot of people will not recommend Eibach for multiple reasons, I have no experience with them so I cant give you my feeling on them.

I like my G2's about the same drop as sportlines with out some of the problems Eibach has such as rear sagging. Handling is great but I can only compare to stock.

If you are into road racing I would look at the G2's or Sam Strano's new springs. Give Sam a call and discuss with him what your interested in and he can give you a good idea of a set up.
Old 02-06-2007, 09:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

who makes these G2's? Never heard of them....I did see them on a pic on a car in a guys sig and they looked perfect....whats the drop on them?

How is the ride compared to stock? Ive driven a stock WS6 and thought the ride was pretty stiff and bumpy altho nothing like what im driving on now....i mean it kinda hurts when i hit a bump now...
Old 02-07-2007, 10:21 AM
TECH Fanatic

LG Motorsports makes G2s, right?

Here is a helpfull link I stole from soulless: http://www.angelfire.com/my/fastcar/suspension.html
Shows some spring rates and drops. It however does not include Strano's springs, which are highly recommended. I plan 2 go w them (ironically) this spring.

Give Sam Strano a call. He is knowledgable, helpful, sells multiple manufacturers' springs, and can help you fit your needs.
Old 02-07-2007, 06:38 PM
TECH Enthusiast

LG Motorsports makes the G2. They are a sponsor so you can check them out on their site.