Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

UMI DS loop extremely close to DS.

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2007, 01:14 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default UMI DS loop extremely close to DS.

I bought the UMI torque arm that mounts to the crossmember. I have the one with the ds safety loop already attached. My issue is that my DS is literally millimeters away from the loop. I could probably only fit about 4 sheets of paper between. I ahve driven the car and it doesnt touch, but in a few weeks I am going to be upgrading to a 3.5 inch ds, but with the added diameter there is no way it is going to fit. I don't want to hack off some of the shaft going to the loop and reweld it. Does anyone have any advice or have you ran into this issue?

Last edited by fastGBcamaro; 02-10-2007 at 01:16 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 02-10-2007, 02:31 PM
FormerVendor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Is the drive shaft close at the top or the bottom of the loop? And also was it close when the the rear end was hanging freely, meaning suspension unloaded? Have you looked at it with the suspension loaded? I mean the entire weight of the car sitting on the ground? Also is this is this a different rear end?

You can see in the picture below how much room we have with the stock driveshaft and Moser 12-bolt. Don't buy a 3.5" drive shaft with that loop, if you want to upgrade your drive shaft go with a 3" Chrome Moly shaft.

http://www.umiperformance.com/images/2201b.jpg

Quick Reply: UMI DS loop extremely close to DS.