Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

bilstwin - BMR spring install need help

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2007, 01:37 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default bilstwin - BMR spring install need help

well im gonna be installing my BMR springs and bilstein stocks/struts next week so i went ahead and took off the perches from my 96 parts car so my driver wont be down as long (plus id rather deal with newer rusty nuts lol) anyways we got the new shocks/struts put on but we can only get the nut halfway down the damn piston shaft at the top iv compressed and compressed i dunno what todo now
Old 02-28-2007, 11:37 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It still sounds like the spring needs to be compressed more. If you can't get it compressed anymore with your spring compressor, maybe take it to a shop that can do it for you. Whatever you do, don't put the spring/shock on the car without verifying that nut is properly tightened!
Old 03-01-2007, 01:34 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by jb442
It still sounds like the spring needs to be compressed more. If you can't get it compressed anymore with your spring compressor, maybe take it to a shop that can do it for you. Whatever you do, don't put the spring/shock on the car without verifying that nut is properly tightened!
ya im gonna bring it up to my tech school tomorrow will go from there.. damn autozone spring compressor
Old 03-01-2007, 03:56 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds like the spring isn't fully compressed. If you are still having a problem give me a call and I will see if I can help.....

Lee Spicher
lee@bmrfabrication.com
(813)986-9302
Old 03-03-2007, 01:08 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by BMR Fabrication Inc.
Sounds like the spring isn't fully compressed. If you are still having a problem give me a call and I will see if I can help.....

Lee Spicher
lee@bmrfabrication.com
(813)986-9302
got it lee, thanks anyways i wasnt thinking to just put the impact on that top nut doh... both struts are done ready to on with my LS1 brake conversion