Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Car sits lopsided.

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2007, 12:55 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Car sits lopsided.

Okay so about 4 or so months ago, I got ran off the road and hit a concrate drainage and it bent the **** out of my rear passenger side wheel. I had the wheel replaced and at the same time i was putting the new one on, i replaced my sportline springs in the back with prokit springs tp stiffen it up. Afterwards i noticed a slight tilt in the rear of the car leaning towards the passenger side. At first i thought maybe i bent the axle or hub but there is no wheel wobble at all. Last night I was thinking maybe the springs were diff and a softer one was on that side. It's exactly a 1/2" lower than the driver side. Pulled the new springs, put sportlines back on and same thing. HOWEVER, i noticed that when I had the rearend jacked up and was plaing jackstands under the car, i could VERY easily lift that side of the car up with one hand. I noticed the shock moving and wondering if i might have blew the shock when i bent my rim all to hell. Of course i dont know **** about shocks so is there a way to verify this is whats causing the rear to slope to one side.

Driving isnt affected at all and i only notice it when i walk around the car and look closely at the rear fender wells. I even checked to see if the rotor might have been dammaged but it appears to be in good shape too.

Any ideas?
Old 03-07-2007, 02:04 PM
Launching!

anybody have a suggestion on what it might be? Shock related or otherwise.

Liek I said, I checked it for 2 hours last night and the ONLY thing I think it could be is the shock because of how easily it moved. nothing seems bent on the rearend, axel, body or frame and there is NO wheel wobble what so ever.
Old 03-07-2007, 02:24 PM
Launching!

Ya, it very well could be the shock. However, fbodies didn't exactly roll off the assembly line perfect either. My SS had the same problem. I asked the dealer for new springs in the back but they declined. They said that 1/2 inch difference was within spec. It needed to be 3/4 or more to require warranty work. I bought some and put them on myself. Problem solved.
Old 03-07-2007, 02:33 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by SSTowerman
Ya, it very well could be the shock. However, fbodies didn't exactly roll off the assembly line perfect either. My SS had the same problem. I asked the dealer for new springs in the back but they declined. They said that 1/2 inch difference was within spec. It needed to be 3/4 or more to require warranty work. I bought some and put them on myself. Problem solved.
I'd told that dude to blow it out his ***! I inspect the hell out of the car everytime I mod it. And I'm certain that it was not like this before I bent my wheel. Plus with that side being so easy to lift up, seems to me it's the shock but wanted others input before I go out and spens 400.00 on some HALS

Quick Reply: Car sits lopsided.