Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

SFC info and pics ?

Old 03-13-2007, 02:21 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SFC info and pics ?

I know what SFC do from reading only but what do they connect (didn`t see a picture of a car without then with the SFC and also didn`t see one in person

so I didn`t understand the connect from where to where (thought they connected something in the front to something in the back of the chassis or something from the right to something from the left of the chassis) and what I`m seeing is that the chassis is mainly two Iron things on the side of the car and they`re connected on the front of the car and on the back of the car .....
and what I`m understanding from the pictures is that the SFC`s are welded or bolted on the bottom of each chassis side? (wich will reduce the vertical load on them?)

please help any pictures of before and after or even hand drawings with some explanation?
Old 03-13-2007, 09:15 AM
TECH Fanatic

umi has pics of all their products installed on cars. check out their website
Old 03-13-2007, 10:05 AM
FormerVendor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by iamsickofitall
umi has pics of all their products installed on cars. check out their website
Hello, Thank you and yes we do. If you visit the link below we have pictures on virtually every SFC style we sell installed.

http://www.umiperformance.com/Search...?CategoryID=42

If you have any questions please ask and I will be glad to help.

Thank you!
Ryan
Old 03-13-2007, 02:55 PM
TECH Apprentice

thanks to both of you ..... I`ve seen pictures of them installed and read what they did from before but I didn`t see one in person ..... do you have a drawing or a picture of the subframes?

did you see the pictures of tri five new chassis or a bodyless car chassis? what I saw and understand is that the chassis is two metal pieces on the side that is connected at the begining and at the end of the car with a curve at the back to fit the rearend and back suspension .... so what are subframes? and any picture that can show them clearly to understand why these welded or bolted will help? it says connect the front subframe with the back subframe but I`m not understanding where the subframes are and how they look and how they`re tied with the SFC .... sorry for the trouble but I just don`t get it till now.
Old 03-15-2007, 07:27 AM
TECH Junkie

pics of my BMR boxed sfc in the website listed in my sig...page 3

Search this Thread