Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Still have the same brake problem, please HELP

Old 03-14-2007, 05:54 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Still have the same brake problem, please HELP

To make a long story short, I have had some issues with my brake system and have been unable to pinpoint the problem.

I have relpaced rotors, pads and flushed the system completely twice. The first flush there was air in both rear lines, the second time there was only air in the right rear. No air was in the front lines at all.

The issues I am still having are spongy pedal/loss of braking force after steady braking from 70mph + and the car pulls to the left under moderate braking.

Normal driving at slower speeds the car brakes fine, it's really noticable braking at high speeds under moderate to high braking, every time.

There are no leaks or puddles that can be found, used a pressure bleeder to bleed the system and the pressure held. So if anyone has any ideas on what could be wrong I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks.

I am posting this in different forums to better my chances of finding the problem.
Old 03-14-2007, 09:37 PM
TECH Regular

sticking piston on right front, bad pad on right front, or stuck slidder pins on right front. My pins start to bind after only 10k miles using synthetic brake grease.
Old 03-14-2007, 09:47 PM
On The Tree

thanks for the reply, I doubt it's the pad, but from other people's replies, bad caliper seems to be the most popular. I think I might grease the pins and possibly rebuild the calipers. I still don't know how I am getting air into the system on the rear brakes.
Old 03-14-2007, 10:04 PM
TECH Regular

If you still have air only one one side this could cause the pull as well. Try to get it all out.
If you have moister in the caliper, it will boil and create water vapor. Vapor is compessible and will give you the spongy pedal after a hard stop. Maybe water is getting is a bad piston seal??
Old 03-14-2007, 10:26 PM
On The Tree

more good advice, thanks. I think I'll try to grease the pins and rebuild all the calipers next. The last thing I want to do is start replacing parts without being 100% sure what's wrong. This way, I can at least narrow it down if not fix it all together. Thanks again!
Old 03-14-2007, 10:36 PM
TECH Regular

To tell you the truth, my car was pulling on the highway occationally a while back. A pad replacement, pin clean/sand/grease fixed it. But I never had a spongy pedal after hard braking.

good luck.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Still have the same brake problem, please HELP