Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

subframe connectors??

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2007, 08:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default subframe connectors??

hey, i have a set of weld in subframe connectors but they are the 2 point style front to back... my first question is that is the 3 point connectors really alot better than the 2 point.... and also with the 2 point connectors tat i have would i be able to delete that crossmember that crosses on the floor pan in the center of the car... because iv seen most people with the 3 point connectors delete that thing..... or should i just get some 3 point bolt in... im not looking forward to welding these seeing that i have to do it on a frame machine cause the weight of the car has to be on the suspention.... are bolt ins anywhere near as good as weld ins.... i dont auto cross... and i only occasionally drag race.... but it is a t-top car its a 1997 formula by the way... thanks for any help guys...
Old 03-18-2007, 10:49 PM
Staging Lane

You will find a lot of opinions about subframe connectors, but I think most will agree that the advantage of a 3pt. over a 2pt. is not worth all the time and money put into making the change. 3pt. mainly have an advantage when an after market torque arm bolts onto the body and stresses it more. Spend the 280+ on new shocks or other suspension mods instead of better SFC's JMO
Old 03-19-2007, 03:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

agreed. SFC are like lids. They all work better than stock and the differences in between are negligable.
Old 03-19-2007, 06:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

k thanks guys... ill jsut keep what i got then and get the guy at work to help me with welding them up... i can do it but hes better haha.... thanks again...