Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Ground control kit?

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2007, 08:07 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Ground control kit?

I would like to get rid of the 4x4 look adn I would like to lower the car but I don't want to have my weight tranfer to suffer. Would a ground control kit used with the stock springs work ok for what I want? Also what would be a good all around shock that you would recommend for street/strip duty? I tried doing a dang search but it wasn't working.
Old 04-03-2007, 06:10 PM
On The Tree

Ground Control Kit WILL NOT work with the stock springs. Also, when you order that kit, you need to order it along with a new set of shocks, the kit is tailored to the type of shocks you have. The sleeve has to be the right diameter for the type of shocks that you are running. Its a little hard to explain, but if you get the kit or see it, you will understand what I am talking about. I am running that kit on my Z and I love being able to set the ride-height EXACTLY where I want it. I am running it with the Bilstein HD SLP valved shocks, I like it. Its not too harsh, but much better than stock. Well, you can see what parts I am running for suspension in my sig. Car handles GREAT. Only thing I may still do is a set of sway bars.
Old 04-03-2007, 09:53 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JZ28
Ground Control Kit WILL NOT work with the stock springs. Also, when you order that kit, you need to order it along with a new set of shocks, the kit is tailored to the type of shocks you have. The sleeve has to be the right diameter for the type of shocks that you are running. Its a little hard to explain, but if you get the kit or see it, you will understand what I am talking about. I am running that kit on my Z and I love being able to set the ride-height EXACTLY where I want it. I am running it with the Bilstein HD SLP valved shocks, I like it. Its not too harsh, but much better than stock. Well, you can see what parts I am running for suspension in my sig. Car handles GREAT. Only thing I may still do is a set of sway bars.
Wow, did not know that they wouldn't work with stock springs. Damn! So I will have to buy springs to lower my car? I need to find a good suspension that would be good for street / strip use.
Old 04-04-2007, 12:07 AM
Possible Scammer - Buyer Beware - Issues Unresolved

i think i am going to do the strang coil overs on the front of mine shortly, adjustable ride height and good weight transfer
Old 04-04-2007, 10:00 AM
TECH Fanatic

Get a drag shock and spring set up. Ground control is more for handling. You cant have both. If you lower your car u need more spring rate to keep it off the ground. More spring rate will you need shocks that will control it. So it is hard to get a lowered car to drag race. If you get a drag shock at least you can set the ride hight higher when you find it will not work.
Old 04-04-2007, 01:32 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 00ls1
i think i am going to do the strang coil overs on the front of mine shortly, adjustable ride height and good weight transfer
That sound like something to check into there!
Old 04-06-2007, 09:49 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Check out the QA1 front setup.
http://umiperformance.com/gk7325?category_id=31

Quick Reply: Ground control kit?