Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Wilwood Brakes, tell me about them

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2007, 02:56 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wilwood Brakes, tell me about them

Im considering doing the front and rear wilwood "big brake" kit. I'm still using my stock brakes and let me tell you, these things are totally shot...so I figure since I'm practically being forced to upgrade, I may as well spend the money and get it done right

The only thing I'm worried about...I know these are very good brakes. Are they touchy? I kind of like the tameness of the stock brakes in that, when I touch the brake pedal, the car will slowly decelerate. However, I have driven my mom's VW (lol i know) but lemme tell you, you even breathe on the brake pedal and the car jerks foward it starts braking so quickly! I hate it and if these perform this way, I'm going to be pissed. I expect them to perform well when necessary, but for every day driving, be sort of tame.

Get what I'm saying? Are these brakes going to perform how I want them or do you have any other recommendations? I'll admit it, i mostly just want them because they are amazing looking, but apparently can perform as good as they look as well

Also, I'm getting these rims off ebay. Will Wilwoods even fit behind them?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=290101988439

thanks guys!
Old 04-07-2007, 08:03 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by z28 mayo
Im considering doing the front and rear wilwood "big brake" kit. I'm still using my stock brakes and let me tell you, these things are totally shot...so I figure since I'm practically being forced to upgrade, I may as well spend the money and get it done right

The only thing I'm worried about...I know these are very good brakes. Are they touchy? I kind of like the tameness of the stock brakes in that, when I touch the brake pedal, the car will slowly decelerate. However, I have driven my mom's VW (lol i know) but lemme tell you, you even breathe on the brake pedal and the car jerks foward it starts braking so quickly! I hate it and if these perform this way, I'm going to be pissed. I expect them to perform well when necessary, but for every day driving, be sort of tame.

Get what I'm saying? Are these brakes going to perform how I want them or do you have any other recommendations? I'll admit it, i mostly just want them because they are amazing looking, but apparently can perform as good as they look as well

Also, I'm getting these rims off ebay. Will Wilwoods even fit behind them?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=290101988439

thanks guys!
http://www.revolutionbrake.com/camaro-brakes.html

Have you bought the wheels already?

If you contact revolutionbrake.com they can send you a template, you cut it out glue it on a piece of cardboard and set it inside of the wheel to see if there will be any fitment issues...

I know that their Camaro 6-piston kit fits on the C5 Z06 wheels with a +54mm offset, I have no idea if they would work with a C6 Z06 wheel though...

I have the front only kit.
As for brake pedal feel I also have the stainless lines and their high-perf brake fluid, rears are factory calipers with slotted rotors front & rears and Porterfield R4S(I think) pads and I LOVE my brake feel!!! Pedal feel is much better than factory feel, still nice and steady, you slam the pedal hard the brakes will grab hard, you gently tap and brakes will gently grab. VERY nice brake pedal feel.