Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

bilstien front shock ?

Old 04-08-2007, 02:08 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default bilstien front shock ?

my bilstien front shocks came with a metal ring, I think i know where and how it goes on but am not 100% sure. any body have pics of the front shocks (bilstien) mounted in the front spring?
Old 04-09-2007, 01:44 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by littlebird
my bilstien front shocks came with a metal ring, I think i know where and how it goes on but am not 100% sure. any body have pics of the front shocks (bilstien) mounted in the front spring?
Im assuming you mean the ring at the bottom?

Old 04-12-2007, 04:56 PM
Teching In

no i cant see it in that pic. the ring i am talking about is brass colored and seems like it is a cap for where the rod of the shock goes into the body? my shocks did not come with spring perches, i assume i will use the stock ones?
Old 04-12-2007, 05:52 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 128 Likes on 83 Posts

Not trying to be a pain, but you're wrong. The fronts are shocks, the spring on top means nothing. 3rd gen f-cars are struts and the springs is not on the damper.

18 SCCA National Championships in house, many more for our customers prove we know our stuff.Talk is cheap, results matter.

Check out our KONI prices, our Master Cylinder Brace, and new Xtracker Hub/wheel bearing upgrade kits!
Old 04-12-2007, 05:53 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 128 Likes on 83 Posts

BTW, the brass cap, goes on the top of the shock body for the bumpstop to use. You install it after you change the perch over to the new shock. Something I generally try and inform my customers of.

18 SCCA National Championships in house, many more for our customers prove we know our stuff.Talk is cheap, results matter.

Check out our KONI prices, our Master Cylinder Brace, and new Xtracker Hub/wheel bearing upgrade kits!
Old 04-14-2007, 05:48 PM
Teching In

thanks for the informative answer sam thats what i wanted to know. you couldn't have told me that before because i ordered my shocks from you via internet instead of phone. doh! also should i go to the parts store for new front bumpstops while i am at it?
Old 04-15-2007, 01:01 PM
TECH Senior Member

Exclamation

Originally Posted by Sam Strano
Not trying to be a pain, but you're wrong. The fronts are shocks, the spring on top means nothing. 3rd gen f-cars are struts and the springs is not on the damper.
Didn't realize that---they sometimes refer to the fronts as Struts....I picked up some Bilsteins awhile back..and they were calling the fronts struts...the rears shocks. [and repeating my phrase was unnecessary]

Search this Thread