Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Sam

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2007, 03:39 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Sam

Im getting a 12 bolr or 9" soon.

I would like to get a Panhard Bar with double rod ends and Lower control arms with relocation brackets also with double rod ends.

I already have spohn adjustable LCAs and a Hotchkiss adjustable PHB and both have Poly Bushings.

But you told me that the poly bushings will deflect. SO I am ready to upgrade.

I also need a torque arm that is lightweight but strong and beefy... I only have 370 at the crank now, but will be making 500 to the wheels in the near future, so I need parts that will hold up to that kind of torque..

Thanks. I will give you a call ASAP.
Old 04-13-2007, 08:54 AM
Copy & Paste Moderator

Received 187 Likes on 141 Posts

Are the ADJ LCAs poly/poly or poly/rod?
If they are poly/poly then you will have an issue with binding and deflection. If they are poly/rod, (poly side on the body, rod side on the axle), then binding and deflection should be non-issues since the rod end will allow the axle to articulate. Its still a compromise (but a more comfortable one) compared to rod/rod which gives the most range of motion and best control without any bind or deflection.
Old 04-13-2007, 11:58 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 140 Likes on 91 Posts

Well, ok.... I'm not sure what they thread is about, you PM'ed me the same thing the other day. We'll need to discuss options, primarily on the LCA's and TA.
13 SCCA Pro Solo Nationals Championships
2023 UMI King of the Mountain Champion
Old 04-13-2007, 01:41 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by VIP1
Are the ADJ LCAs poly/poly or poly/rod?
If they are poly/poly then you will have an issue with binding and deflection. If they are poly/rod, (poly side on the body, rod side on the axle), then binding and deflection should be non-issues since the rod end will allow the axle to articulate. Its still a compromise (but a more comfortable one) compared to rod/rod which gives the most range of motion and best control without any bind or deflection.
Yes they are Poly/poly
Old 04-13-2007, 01:41 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Sam Strano
Well, ok.... I'm not sure what they thread is about, you PM'ed me the same thing the other day. We'll need to discuss options, primarily on the LCA's and TA.
Sam I asked you the same thing, yes. But I also asked you what time should I call you. 3 pm Pacific and before?