Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Should I lower it?

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2007, 01:26 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Should I lower it?

Ok, I dont autoX. But I just got bad *** deal on some suspension parts. I ended up getting Hotchkis LCA's and Panhard rod, 35mm front sway bar, and bigger rear sway, dont know the mm, but it is notably bigger... I also got a full set of Eibach springs front numbers are 3870.001 and rears say 3831.002 so I think they are pro kit ones.

I drag race the car, and dont autoX. Will these springs hurt my 60 foot times enough to warrant not using them? I still want to hook up, I have heard from a few people that they are not good to have.
Old 05-22-2007, 01:29 AM
On The Tree

go for it, get a set of good shocks while you are at it. Qa1 adjustables or bilstein are good stuff.
Old 05-22-2007, 11:33 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Some like and some don't. I heard they sag after awhile and the ride will feel loose and bouncy. Others love it and say its the perfect drop. I think the drop is too low for my tastes and looks ricey.

Maybe someone, (Sam Strano) could chime in on my theory: The way I think of it, you would need a soft spring in the back and use the car's momentum to drop the rear and lift the front. So, wouldn't Eibach's be ideal for drag strips if it sags and bounces like some people stated?

Check the rear swaybar. Don't get caught up in the bigger is better mindset. With a 35mm front swaybar, you would need a 21mm rear bar to keep the rear becoming tail happy.
Old 05-23-2007, 01:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Lower springs like sportlines are not going to be drag springs..will they hurt you by 1/2 second no, but surely dont' run stock shocks on them. And if your more concering with drag racing it sounds like possible you could be headed in the wrong way bigger front bar etc.

I assume this is a daily driver and you drag on weekends?
Old 05-23-2007, 02:43 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by coolformula

I assume this is a daily driver and you drag on weekends?

Exactly. I drive it daily. I am sure they are pro kit springs, and are brand new. I wouldnt mind it sitting a bit lower, due to the case of "4x4" my car kind of has. Then again, I am seriously considering going the STS route...

Thanks for the input everyone.
Old 05-23-2007, 02:47 PM
TECH Resident

The spring will look sweet, but probably will not help performance any. I don't know if I would even mess with the sway bars. The LCAs and panhard will be a nice upgrade. I would recomend and adj. torque arm if you are looking to improve strait line performance.

Quick Reply: Should I lower it?