Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Threaded Sleeve on the caliper is stuck...

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2003, 01:17 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Threaded Sleeve on the caliper is stuck...

Like mentiond in the title, it wont move AT ALL...and i need it to move back about 2mm(which isnt sitting flush) so that the caliper can go in straight with the new pads....i tried WD-40, tried banging it out, but no luck...what should I do, or how should I approach to take it off??? Thanks....

posted this question on LS1.COM and no one has even viewed or responded since the morning
Old 05-03-2003, 03:41 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Re: Threaded Sleeve on the caliper is stuck...

If you are speaking of the bolt that holds the caliper on, you may have some luck pressing it out with a pair of "arc joint pliers" (commonly known as channel locks), due to the arc that the jaws swing in, you may be able to put one side on the edge of the caliper and the other on the end of the slider and press it backwards. (If you can remove it and clean it with steel wool and reassemble with a very small amount of caliper grease). GOod luck.
Old 05-05-2003, 03:07 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Like mentiond in the title, it wont move AT ALL...and i need it to move back about 2mm(which isnt sitting flush) so that the caliper can go in straight with the new pads....i tried WD-40, tried banging it out, but no luck...what should I do, or how should I approach to take it off??? Thanks....

posted this question on LS1.COM and no one has even viewed or responded since the morning
There is not a threaded 'sleeve' on the calipers. There are two alignment pins with 15mm bolts. Too remove you will need a wrench 16mm, I think, and the 15mm socket.

Perhaps no one answered your question because what you asked for does not exist. Lastly, there are several detailed writeups on 'brakes Et al'. Maybe even in the LS1.com FAQ.
Old 05-05-2003, 05:03 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Zeta,

YOu are correct, I was thinking of the slider that the bolt goes through, not the actual bolt (wow, may have to pull mine off again to remember where all the parts are....lol).

Kevin

Quick Reply: Threaded Sleeve on the caliper is stuck...