Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Strut Mount Help

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2007, 06:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Strut Mount Help

I posted earlier this month that my strut mounts and Konis are broke and everyone is telling me its someone or something else causing it. All the while Koni is back ordered until mid July. Well Koni called me back today and said that the strut mounts are specific to a certain side and that if they were on backwards that it would bow the springs like it is sitting right now and that the weird angle would stress the shocks. So my question is how can I tell if the drivers side mount is on the passenger side and vice versa. I need proof so my mechanic can redo things correctly and for free because I'm not paying for a third set of mounts and konis because the things aren't cheap and I'm a kid. Thanks in advance.
Old 06-25-2007, 06:38 PM
Restricted User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by WS6Jim
I posted earlier this month that my strut mounts and Konis are broke and everyone is telling me its someone or something else causing it. All the while Koni is back ordered until mid July. Well Koni called me back today and said that the strut mounts are specific to a certain side and that if they were on backwards that it would bow the springs like it is sitting right now and that the weird angle would stress the shocks. So my question is how can I tell if the drivers side mount is on the passenger side and vice versa. I need proof so my mechanic can redo things correctly and for free because I'm not paying for a third set of mounts and konis because the things aren't cheap and I'm a kid. Thanks in advance.
It would take one hell of a determined man to install the drver's side strut mount on the passenger side. There's no way you could accidentally do it. There are two studs and two holes on each one...they do not form a perfect square...it's like a trapezoid shape. So if you got the studs in on the wrong side, you'd never be able to get the other two bolts in from the top, the holes just wouldn't be there.