Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Eibach Sportline question.

Old 06-26-2007, 07:42 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Eibach Sportline question.

Hey guys I just had a set of Eibach sportline springs installed on my 99 TA. The front struts were also replaced with oem replacments. It's lower and looks great & I can live with the ride.However there is a slight knocking noise when you hit a small bump in the road or push down on the front of the car. Any ideas? I did a quick search before posting. I'm hoping someone has experianced the same thing.

Thanks in advance.
Old 06-26-2007, 11:25 PM
TECH Junkie

The more you search, the more you will find most people will find that combination of springs and shocks pretty crappy. Not to be a jerk or rain on your new purchase.
Old 06-27-2007, 05:31 PM
Teching In

I just put Sportlines on my car with the stock struts. I have no knocking sound. Sounds like something didnt get tightened up.
Old 06-27-2007, 06:58 PM
Teching In

Ok so heres the deal. If I push on the rear of the car it rebounds like it should. If I push down on the front of the car there is no "spring" to it at all.If I need new struts I am willing to get them. I am just not sure what kind to get & where to buy them. Any input would be great.

Thanks again everyone.
Old 06-27-2007, 07:04 PM
TECH Senior Member

Exclamation

OEM SHOCKS WILL NOT-REPEAT--WILL NOT WORK WITH SPRINGS AS LOW AS SPORTLINES...you made a major mistake--Sportlines ARE NOT TO BE DRIVEN ON unless a flat surface..A big dip or a pothole will kill them...and OEM shocks are crap.... BILSTEIN,KONI,almost any others...KYB are better.
Old 06-27-2007, 09:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

I had Bilstein's with my Sportline's and it still rode like complete ***. Didnt have the sound you were describing tho.
Old 06-28-2007, 04:59 PM
Teching In

Turned Lemons into Lemonade today. I cut one coil off of each stock spring & swapped Eibachs back for cut stock springs.It sits the way I want & rides great. Now I have a set of slightly used Sportlines for sale!

Search this Thread