Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

brake selection, help!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2007, 01:04 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default brake selection, help!!!!

im tryin to find a good setup for my car. i was hoping to run a good setup and loose a few pounds while im at it. however i want to keep the car a dd and reliability is critical. ive been lookin at the strange, aerospace, and mark williams kits. but from what ive heard they are all not recomended for the street? please any opinions or suggestions are welcome.
Old 07-21-2007, 10:59 AM
Restricted User

If you want "better" brakes, you are going to have to deal with more weight. If you want lighter brakes, you are going to have to deal with less braking power. There is no "better" and "lighter" brake setup for us, simply put. If you are really concerned about weight, just get better rotors and pads and be done with it. You may gain a pound or two from beefier rotors, but the gain in stopping power will be well worth the extra weight. If you don't need more braking power, then i'd recommend just sticking with the stock brakes, because all of the lighter setups are "strip only" designs.
Old 08-05-2007, 03:42 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by osuqsz06
im tryin to find a good setup for my car. i was hoping to run a good setup and loose a few pounds while im at it.please any opinions or suggestions are welcome.
You could send me my $ you owe me.That would lighten it up a bit