Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Help!! problem with koni sa

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2007, 05:41 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help!! problem with koni sa

I have the on car adjustable konis 4/3. When I try to adjust my front driver side shock it just keeps spinning and never stops. My passenger side shock adjusts perfectly. Is the shock busted? They are new shocks and only have about 400 miles on them.
Old 08-04-2007, 11:47 AM
TECH Regular

Meet the 'Koni spining wheel of doom'. Call Koni for warranty advanced replacement.

Also I'm adding two or three extra packers (nylon bumpstop washers) to the shock rod to try and keep this from happening again. It comes with one already under the black plastic dust cover.

I'll be replacing the right front for the second time today. Any medium size dip or bump that bottoms the shock will kill them. The Koni provided bumpstop is not sufficient, IMO, to protect the shock internally. Or they should just put back the 1/4" of travel they took away from the stock design.

Adding the packers is wicked easy, but takes away wheel travel, and therefore could adversly impact handling and ride comfort.

I'll let you know my finding with the packers installed after I test them out.
Old 08-05-2007, 12:32 AM
TECH Regular

New RF Koni is in. I added two packers (1/8" thick each) to each front shock..so a total of three now per side since Koni's come stock with one.

The ride seems just as smooth and very responsive with the packers. I'm running the fronts at 3-1/2 sweeps from full hard which is firmer than I had them, but the ride seems even better. tires at 29psi R / 31 psi F.

I hope this mod works as I'm sick of changing shocks and shipping the crap one back. I love these shocks when they work.
Old 08-05-2007, 06:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ahh man this is really discouraging to hear....ive done pretty much everything to my suspension but shocks and i really wanted konis but with the highspeed dips on the highways and just bad roads in general up hear in mass i dont want to spend all that money on konis to be blowing them out all the time. my car is lowered with LG super coils and i will not use anything else.

Quick Reply: Help!! problem with koni sa