Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Bilstein Ultra Susp. Question

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2003, 10:30 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Bilstein Ultra Susp. Question

My car is equipped with the Bilstein Ultra Suspension Package. I am considering some rear suspension upgrades. I would like to know if the "upgraded" Panhard Bar and Lower Control Arms are worth keeping? My car could best be considered "high-performance street"...meaning I don't drag or auto cross. I would like to create a nice balance between straight line traction and handling. Any advice and/or thoughts would be appreciated...Thanks

P.S. I'm a long-time reader...first-time poster!
Old 05-31-2003, 01:03 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Re: Bilstein Ultra Susp. Question

The factory upgraded LCA's and PHB are marginally better than stock. If you are after better handling performance (you want the car to be more "crisp"), I'd replace them. What are you trying to do with the car? Are you looking for a daily driver? Do you want to wage an all out assault on exit ramps and cloverleafs everywhere? Have you been considering autocrossing? More info would help us help you.
Old 05-31-2003, 01:47 PM
TECH Junkie

I will opt for the "wage an all out assault on exit ramps and cloverleafs everywhere" idea! I have never really thought about auto-x, just want to have a "daily-driver" on steroids!
Old 05-31-2003, 02:04 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ever thought of going to SLP PP and buying there 'boxed' control arms and panhard. Same thing you have in the Ultra Bilstein just boxed.
Old 05-31-2003, 05:56 PM
TECH Junkie

How do these stack up against the more popular lines (BMR, G2, etc.)? The consensus seems to be that the G2's with the rod ends are the best ones going for the LCA's. Also, should I get an adjustable PHB? The car is lowered with the Ultra suspension package. Did SLP shorten the PHB in conjuntion with the Bilstein package?
Old 06-01-2003, 09:53 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'd vote for G2's with rod ends and matching PHB. The rest of my setup is in my sig....it works well for me....

Quick Reply: Bilstein Ultra Susp. Question