Old 09-14-2007, 07:15 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Anyone ever installed this?

Can anyone give me advice on putting it on or some directions
Old 09-14-2007, 07:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Step away from the jegster! That was the very first torque arm I installed. Before I discovered ls1tech. The only thing I liked about that arm was the sliding mount. Everything else was horrible. As you can see, there are several holes to drill out. The in cabin noise & vibration is tremendous! Eventually mine failed and ripped a gash in my floor. So, once again, step away & contact your nearest sponsor for a decent ta.
Old 09-14-2007, 07:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

Time to call Ryan @ UMI
Old 09-14-2007, 10:30 PM
11 Second Club

This torque arm came out of an 8.80 nmca extreme street car. I KNOW IT WORKS..but i was told it has to b installed mint
Old 09-15-2007, 12:51 AM
TECH Fanatic

If it HAD to use that torque arm (there are some things i like about it and some things I dont and some things I would do to it like welding a plate in the middle of the triangle) I would have it welded in place. Save me the trouble of having to pull out the seats and carpet and mark and drill all the holes and so on in addition to not having to worry about whether it would ever come loose or anything of that nature.

IF I were going to go with bolts, I would want to rig up some flat stock or some steel plate to go on the inside under the carpet to sandwich the floorpan between.. a little better than those little washers- yes the force is pushing up under accel... but its pulling down under braking

And yes, some cars are going very quick on that torque arm and the beefier alston (similar design)

but just because it works on one guys car and will probably work on your car, doesn't mean its BEST for your car.

There are quieter, easier to install and equally effective torque arms out there