Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Vibrations

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2007, 07:48 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Vibrations

I got a 99 Camaro Z28 with a bad vibration on the front passenger side every time I touch the brakes; I know what everybody is gonna say, but its not the rotors. I have changed the rotors with pads about three times. I also changed the calipers with some remanufactured ones and new brake master cylinder this past week. Changed the rack & pinion cause it was making noise, hoping it would solve the vibration. All the A arms bushings, ball joints & tie rods have been replaced with Moog Problem Solver last November. The front hub bearing on the passenger side seemed not to spin as freely as the driver side so I replaced it today, but nothing, vibration is still there.
This vibration began about a year and a half ago once I switched from Powerslot slotted rotors to some cross drilled rotors with new pads. I switched back to the Powerslot rotors with the same pads I ran them with, but the vibration never went away. The tires & wheels are in good shape, the alignment is perfect. I don’t know what else to replace. I am about replace the spindle sometime this week, but I don’t know if that will fix the vibration. The vibration only comes out when I hit the brakes, be it at 30 mph or 70 mph. As I am driving the car it is smooth. It feels like there is something loose in the suspension, but I have checked all the A- arms bushings and ball joints with a pry bar.
Any help; any suggestion will be appreciated.