Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Aimco or Aimco_Extreme

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2003, 04:18 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aimco or Aimco_Extreme

I've pretty much made up my mind to replace my rotors with Autozone's Aimco brand.I see most guys suggest the 55034 @ $40 each.I see though that they also sell an Aimco_Extreme (directional) at more than twice the price.Should I pay the extra for the Extremes?Will they remain cooler when I'm driving quickly?Also any suggestions as to good pads to use with either of these rotors.No competition driving but like flying through the twisties at a great rate of speed.
Old 06-04-2003, 10:35 PM
Staging Lane

Default Re: Aimco or Aimco_Extreme

I just installed Aimco Extremes on my '98 SS. I know the extremes are more expensive but I personally wanted the look and the performance improvement. I also installed Goodridge stainless lines and Hawk HPS pads. This set up is far better than the stock brakes. The drilled rotors will crack under extreme use, however; I'm like you-I just like to drive hard. I may eventually try to do some type of auto-x. It is obvious that they stay cooler, don't fade after repeated hard use, and look pretty good. I did make sure to torque the lugs with a torque wrench. I like them!
Old 06-16-2003, 04:43 PM
TECH Addict

Default Re: Aimco or Aimco_Extreme

the extremes are like $94 each wayyyyyyy cheaper than any other cross drilled slotted rotor ,getting a set myself