Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Wheel Hop

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2007, 04:31 PM
11 Second Club

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

Default Wheel Hop

I have a stock 94 T/A M6 with 18s and 275s on the back. i get a bit of wheel hop now and then. i plan on puttin sub frames on it soon. will this help? if not what will?
Old 10-06-2007, 05:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would try lower control arm relocation brackets and upgrade your lower control arms and torque arm.
Old 10-06-2007, 06:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

I'd first start off with LCA's and if no result then get some LCA relocation brackets. And then finally a Torque Arm. Either way, even after all these mods on my car along with new shock and springs, I still have wheel hop over bumps upon acceleration. Hope this helps.
Old 10-06-2007, 08:38 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by EvilBLK02TA
even after all these mods on my car along with new shock and springs, I still have wheel hop over bumps upon acceleration.
You're joking right? Anything is going to have wheel hop accelerating over bumps.

I used UMI weld in lowering brackets to eliminate my wheel hop.
Old 10-06-2007, 10:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

subframe connectors dont do anything as far as how the suspension behaves.

I've tried several different combinations of rear suspension. All stock except TA, All stock except LCA's, All stock except shocks, LCA's + TA, LCA's + TA and shocks.

All of these (shocks, TA, LCAs) have some affect on wheel hop both individual and in unison.. but if I had to pick one item that did the best job eliminating wheelhop it would be the torque arm. but this doesn't mean that it will work the best for everyone.
Old 10-07-2007, 10:36 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 8a8mfh
You're joking right? Anything is going to have wheel hop accelerating over bumps.

I used UMI weld in lowering brackets to eliminate my wheel hop.
Umm yeah, you might not notice it but the rear will still bounce upon hard acceleration over huge bumps, just not as much as stock. The LCA brackets just adjust the angle of the LCA which for most if over kill for their set up.

Have you ever stomped on the throttle at a light and while crossing the intersection and hitting a bump from traffic groves in the street and go from having nice solid traction to slipping a tad after hitting the bump?? Its b/c of wheel hop, it happens....
Old 10-07-2007, 10:43 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

LCA's fixed most of my wheel hop
Old 10-07-2007, 03:33 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by EvilBLK02TA
Umm yeah, you might not notice it but the rear will still bounce upon hard acceleration over huge bumps, just not as much as stock. The LCA brackets just adjust the angle of the LCA which for most if over kill for their set up.

Have you ever stomped on the throttle at a light and while crossing the intersection and hitting a bump from traffic groves in the street and go from having nice solid traction to slipping a tad after hitting the bump?? Its b/c of wheel hop, it happens....

Yea well there is no product that prevents wheel hop when you accelerate over bumps.

I'm talking about straight line, flat ground wheel hop under hard acceleration. My car never did it, then I swapped from an A4 to M6 and it started. I put in LCA relocation brackets and it no longer has wheel hop on flat ground. It will spin the tires still but it doesn't have wheel hop.