Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

subframe connector help

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2007, 06:00 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default subframe connector help

ok guys, I have the page for BMR subframe connections bookmarked at install university, but before I begin I would just like some info.

welding is no problem, I have that down. I just want to do this right and get a good idea of what I'm doing before I even get started.

Ok, so I have the BMR tubular weld on subframe connectors. It appears the general idea is to remove the front bolt of the lower control arms, Sandwitch the subframe between the LCA and the frame, level it and pull the front of it up to the car, Mark where it will be, then weld where you have marked with the LCA's out of the way. Is this the basic idea? Does anyone have some pics of a final install so I can see location of things etc?

Also, do I need to get some longer bolts? Also, the subframe connectors are not the same size. Which one goes where? Thanks in advance and I feel like an idiot asking such simple questions, I just don't want this to turn into a 3 hour job if I can help it.
Old 10-21-2007, 06:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Straight bar goes on passenger side, one that angles inward towards front fits on drivers side.

Put the car on jack stands.

Pull the Lower control arm, then put the sub frame on in the back using "only" the bolt and nut, tighten the bolt down and use a jack in the front to line up the sub frame and hold it in place and then "tack" weld them in. Check for clearance and make sure they are straight and the LCA bolt slides in and out fine.

Then final weld it and paint it with a nice epoxy chassis paint.

Photo from their site www.bmrfabrication.com/sfc/tubular-inst.jpg

I don't know if you'll need longer bolts but I doubt it, just make sure the thread can be seen past the top of the nut.

Last edited by chrismorales75; 10-21-2007 at 06:14 PM.
Old 10-21-2007, 06:15 PM
Staging Lane

thank you very much, that made it very easy
Old 10-21-2007, 06:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Post some photos when you're done.
Old 10-21-2007, 07:10 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you cant jack the car up by the frame, it MUST be jacked up by the wheels. you have to have the suspension loaded when you weld them in. you can spot weld them in then jack the car up by the frame if you so please
Old 03-15-2008, 06:40 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by ThoR294
you cant jack the car up by the frame, it MUST be jacked up by the wheels. you have to have the suspension loaded when you weld them in. you can spot weld them in then jack the car up by the frame if you so please
funny, my comp engineering install says place car on jack stands.....

Quick Reply: subframe connector help