Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Which QA1 shocks to get?

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2007, 09:20 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Which QA1 shocks to get?

I'm in the market for some new shocks and have been told by many that the QA1 shocks will work great. I've got the prokit springs on right now and while they aren't the best springs out there I just want the car to ride smooth. I'm on stock shocks right now and the ride is terrible. I don't road race the car or take it on any tracks. I'm just looking for a smooth daily driver ride. I've heard from other prokit owners that the Bilstein HDs are also good with those springs. What do you guys think? Which set of QA1s do I want? I'm seeing a couple of different models (stocker star, generation f, AL, r-series).

If the bilstein HDs will do just fine for daily driving then I'd like to go with those instead. For $380 they seem like a steal. Help!
Old 10-27-2007, 05:06 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i got my QA1 shocks and springs (w/ rear coil-overs) from Spohn, and like you i was riding on lowering springs on stock shocks... the ride sucked!
i couldn't be happier with my QA1 shocks and springs, i can adjust the shocks to have the car ride the way i want it to.

out of all the things i've done to my car the shocks and springs are one of my favorites, they made the car comfortable to ride in again.

btw, these are the ones that i got
http://www.spohn.net/product.cfm?productid=1431

Quick Reply: Which QA1 shocks to get?