Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

C5 Brake conversion: Worth it?

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2007, 07:28 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default C5 Brake conversion: Worth it?

What are your ideas on the C5 brake conversion for F-bodies? Is it worth the effort and price? I know it will look way cooler but what about stopping power compared to the f-body's stocker? My second choice is the Wilwood set-up.
Old 10-29-2007, 08:03 PM
Launching!

Get a good set of pads since you already have LS1 brakes. I would ask Sam @ Stranos Parts, he will you a straight answer, nice guy too.
Old 10-29-2007, 11:59 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by SS1156
Get a good set of pads since you already have LS1 brakes. I would ask Sam @ Stranos Parts, he will you a straight answer, nice guy too.
That's it? Pads? After last month's article in GMHTP featuring Sam, I was going to call and order a set of springs and sway bars. I'll add a set of pads to boot!
Old 10-30-2007, 12:29 AM
TECH Addict

Received 111 Likes on 87 Posts

Consensus is the C5 upgrade is the best bang for the buck upgrade as far as big brake kits go. Sam would tell you some quality rotors, Hawk pads (or comparable), stainless lines, and a flush with good fluid is all most will ever need.

If your car sees autocross time or you stop hard a lot from high speeds, the C5 upgrade may be the way to go. I intend to go that route myself over time. I will say just the rotors and Hawk pads was a very noticeable difference.

Quick Reply: C5 Brake conversion: Worth it?