Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

adjustable trq arm question...

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2007, 08:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default adjustable trq arm question...

im thinking of gettin a umi adjustable trq arm. i have dms springs with the isolator removed and im kinda worried about the trq arm rotating my rearend up to where it raises my cars *** up, i really love the stance my car has now..i finally got it level and i dont wanna mess it up. then again i do want it to hook better.. could i get a bandsaw and trim a lil bit of the coil off the top if it becomes a problem?

another question would i be able to use the umi trq arm with a bmr relocation crossmember? thanx guys
Old 11-16-2007, 10:09 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Originally Posted by slimcracka
im thinking of gettin a umi adjustable trq arm. i have dms springs with the isolator removed and im kinda worried about the trq arm rotating my rearend up to where it raises my cars *** up, i really love the stance my car has now..i finally got it level and i dont wanna mess it up. then again i do want it to hook better.. could i get a bandsaw and trim a lil bit of the coil off the top if it becomes a problem?

another question would i be able to use the umi trq arm with a bmr relocation crossmember? thanx guys
The UMI torque arm will work no problem with our relocation bracket you just need to use there torque arm bushing in our mount.

Lee Spicher
lee@bmrfabrication.com
(813)986-9302
Old 11-16-2007, 12:45 PM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Why would the rotation of the rear end be a concern? That is the whole point of the adjustable torque arm...it rotates the rear end to wherever you want it.
Old 11-16-2007, 08:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by MeentSS02
Why would the rotation of the rear end be a concern? That is the whole point of the adjustable torque arm...it rotates the rear end to wherever you want it.
your exactly who i wanted to reply cuz your running the same springs as me. its not a problem i just dont want the rotation of the rearend to raise my cars *** end up. from what i have gathered from this is that you want the nose of the rearend to point down a lil (-2*) and in turn the spring purch will raise to the body and in turn causing the car to rise..but my question is how much... right now as my car sits its perfectly level and i love the stance..ill just have to work on it ..i can just cut a lil bit off the top of the coil to lower it a 1\4 if i have too....your running the umi piece? howdo you like it and did this single mod help with traction on the street?

my car is mostly a daily driven street car, which i rarely take to the track (maybe never haha) and ive been reading on here that you have it either set up for the track or the street. is this true?

and thanks BMR i like yalls trq arm just a lil bit expensive but i havent made my mind up yet..but i do know im goin to buy yalls crossmember one day..umi doesnt offer one for a th350 if i decide to go that rought and i wanted to make sure that they where interchangeable..that way i dont have to buy another trq arm later..thanx again and any info would be great..thanx..
Old 11-17-2007, 02:24 PM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

When I had the adjustable torque arm on my 10-bolt, it made no noticable difference in ride height when I set the pinion angle. I wouldn't even worry about that one...
Old 11-17-2007, 04:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by MeentSS02
When I had the adjustable torque arm on my 10-bolt, it made no noticable difference in ride height when I set the pinion angle. I wouldn't even worry about that one...
thats what i wanted to hear. thanx man!