Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Rotors..

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2007, 12:40 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Default Rotors..

Well im about to buy some new rotors, front and back the guy that had the car orig drilled/slotted them and now they are cracking to hell and its only been about 9 months sence this has been done. Idk what they did wrong but before they explode on me im going to replace them. Now only the fronts are cracked but the backs are for sure soon to crack but i havnt not seen any cracks in them. So my questions are... Should i replace all 4 at the same time or replace the front two and then wait on the back, and what rotors do you guys prefer? Im running on stock rims/bfgood g-force sports...

I had noticed the rotors about to sell in the sponsor sell section should i wait and look into those?

Let me know guys, thanks.
Old 11-29-2007, 09:35 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

get plain rotors, the slotted and drilled are for looks only. just go get a cheap set and replace all for.
Old 11-29-2007, 09:50 AM
TECH Veteran

Brembo plain non-slotted rotors are hard to beat.
Old 11-29-2007, 09:57 AM
TECH Junkie

Did the guy cross drill the rotors himself? If so then get rid of those things pronto.
Old 11-29-2007, 01:50 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 130 Likes on 84 Posts

Are we talking about an LS1 car here (I'd assume, but maybe not). If so I'd recommend these: http://www.stranoparts.com/partdetai...D=17&ModelID=7

Quality rotors from a reputable company. Not drilled, the "slotting" is not cut, but cast and they are not deep. Actually they are wear indicators. When the slots disappear, the rotor is down to minimum thickness and needs replaced. They aren't much more than Brembo's (which are on a huge backorder), and these are coated as well where the Brembo's are not, so they inhibit rust forming on the hat and edges which is important to some folks for the looks.

On the other end of the spectrum, we have a more economy line of non-drilled rotors that are $180 for the set. Not junk, but a little less warp resistant than the ATE or Brembo's.

18 SCCA National Championships in house, many more for our customers prove we know our stuff.Talk is cheap, results matter.

Check out our KONI prices, our Master Cylinder Brace, and new Xtracker Hub/wheel bearing upgrade kits!
Old 11-29-2007, 01:59 PM
TECH Resident

I have Powerslot rotors and they have been on the car for 2 years and have been through 4 HPDEs with no problems.
Old 12-03-2007, 01:00 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Yeah its for a LS1 sorry for not mensioning that. They will be on a Trans am, thanks for all the info guys.

Quick Reply: Rotors..