Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

ABS failure?

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2007, 11:42 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ABS failure?

The other day i was making my usual run on the way home which is about a quarter mile, and i usually do about 85ish and have about 50-100ft to slow down before a 90degree turn in the road. most times i dont even get into abs to slow me down, i just get it down to 45-50 and take the turn. however a couple of days ago i waited a little longer to back off than usual and when i jumped on the brakes, my front right tire locked up for about a half second and abs did NOT kick in. any posible reasons why this could have happened?
Old 12-18-2007, 11:53 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 134 Likes on 87 Posts

ABS doens't keep a wheel from locking, just from staying locked. A brief period of time is not abnormal while the car sorts out what's happening particularly when there is a bump involved. Is your ABS INOP light on? If not, it's fine.

18 SCCA National Championships in house, many more for our customers prove we know our stuff.Talk is cheap, results matter.

Check out our KONI prices, our Master Cylinder Brace, and new Xtracker Hub/wheel bearing upgrade kits!
Old 12-18-2007, 12:57 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ABS is weird. My BMW kicked into ABS action Monday while I was backing down an icy driveway in reverse.

I thought that was weird but, actually, it is nice to know it was helping me avoid a crash.

Quick Reply: ABS failure?