Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

brake problems????

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2003, 12:20 AM
98Z
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default brake problems????

ok, my whole car shakes i seems when i press the brakes kinda hard. so i think its about time for some new rotors and pads.

i was just wanting to know what parts i need to buty besides rotors and pads the car has bout 75k,

i have't changed rotors before and just need some information

thanks
Old 06-29-2003, 01:28 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: brake problems????

You could go all the way and install some stainless steel brake lines while you're at it. It really isn't that hard, all you have to do is remove the wheel. Then remove the caliper and clip(it's obvious), and then you can pull the rotor off. When you remount everything, make sure you torque to 100 Ft-lbs for evertyhing to be seated correctly. Good luck.
Old 06-30-2003, 03:32 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Re: brake problems????

I'd just replace the pads and rotors and bleed the brakes. You'll get 90% of the benefits of braided lines without any of the headaches. Much of the improvement that is seen by switching to braided lines comes from bleeding the brakes after the installation and has little to do with the actual lines (I said "little", not "nothing"). Another problem with braided lines is that they trap dirt and grit and can potentially fail if not cleaned and inspected often (no problem on a race car...not likely on a street car). Just my thoughts.