Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

What pieces do i need?

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2008, 10:29 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What pieces do i need?

Hey guys I'm very new here and I need a little advice on some suspension pieces that I may need to complete my current project. Right now i'm working on a 95 Z28 with a LS1 swap. I bought a 98 T/A as a donor and switched over everything i could. Well the T/A also had eibach sportlines. Didnt really have full intentions on dropping the Z but I'm going with it anyways. My question is what aftermarket suspension pieces will i need to recorrect the lost geometry from the lowered springs? As far as exhaust goes, i think i may just go with loudmouth or Borla. Any tips?

-Brandon
Old 01-14-2008, 10:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Since your car is lowered you could do an adj. panhard rod, adj lca's and relocation brackets.
Old 01-14-2008, 11:04 PM
On The Tree

But will I need the pieces to be adjustable if I just get the relocation brackets and non adjustible pieces?
Old 01-14-2008, 11:40 PM
Staging Lane

i would say yes on the panhard bar but not sure on the LCAs. Its not that much more though and can't hurt.
Old 01-14-2008, 11:46 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You will definitely need the PHB to center the rearend after lowering , and the lower control arms will help control the wheel hop
Old 01-15-2008, 12:33 AM
TECH Fanatic

Your not going to like those springs. Very soft spring rate... especialy for the large drop = alot of riding on the bumpstops. You should really pick up a new set of shocks if you really intend on running sportlines to somewhat control them.

At the bare minimum, get an adjustable PHB to center the rear. Thats all you really need for a daily driver. If your going to take it to the track then get some relocation brackets to correct the LCA angle for hooking in a straitline.

good luck - oh and get the loudmouth if your going to just change the catback. If your getting headers then get something quieter like the Borla
Old 01-15-2008, 10:37 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

if you're gonna get relocators i would definetly get adjustable lca's. the hole geometry, wheelbase and pinion angle may not be exact when the lca's are moved. this can be adjusted per side to correct all the misalignments. more than likely the brackets won't be the exact same place on each side, and will at least throw off the rearend thrust angle. an adjustable panhard is a must on a lowered car.
Old 01-15-2008, 04:18 PM
On The Tree

Thanks for all the great help guys!

Quick Reply: What pieces do i need?