Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

relocating the lower PHB bracket 1" lower throw it off???

Old 07-06-2003, 03:22 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default relocating the lower PHB bracket 1" lower throw it off???

I seen the pics of it before but never thought of this question.

"would relocating the lower PHB bracket an 1" lower throw the geometry off on the suspention and car???"

They do that to run a exhaust pipe over the axle for the true dual exhaust all the way out the back that most f-bodies owners so despritely want.

anyone think about this before or have done this and had any troubles???
Old 07-06-2003, 08:26 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: relocating the lower PHB bracket 1" lower throw it off???

Right off, I would think it would be ok, of course your PHB would have to be longer.
Old 07-06-2003, 12:32 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Re: relocating the lower PHB bracket 1

www.ground-control.com

They have a PHB kit that lowers the mounting point to keep the bar "more level" and change the rear "roll center".

As the suspension moves up and down, the PHB swings in an arc, this causes the rear axle to move left to right while moving up and down. The kit that ground control has will move (lower) the mount for the lower PHB (the one everyone replaces) in order to limit the lateral movement of the axle to .060 inches (as I remember) of motion through 4 inches of suspension travel. ANd, actually, the PHB whould not have to change length much at all (I'd suspect an adjustable will have enough adjustment to make up for it). However....the PHB can see peak loads as high as 10,000 lbs (sliding through a corner and catching a curb or pothole which causes the tire to catch) and any brackets need to be substantial.

Search this Thread