Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Time to go to the track again

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2008, 02:32 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Time to go to the track again

Im going to get my car aligned today and was trying to find my specs. Ill keep trying, but I was wondering if anyone was at it, could post em up.. The car has: a UMI K member and A arms installed. I have Konis SA, Strano springs, Hotchkiss PHB, Spohn LCA, UMI TA and 3 pt SFCs.. and the car will be running on nitto NT01s, are these an improvement from Nitto 555rs on the track?...

I just installed my head/cam and will get my exhaust fabricated and get the car tuned on tuesday...

So what do I need for teh track, besides my new Tires. Alignment

new oil change n filter before n after
new trans fluid
new gear oil
check brake fluid
new rotors OWM solids
New pads, Hawk HPS
new coolant/water in radiator.

I will be racing @ willow springs, thebig track. and Ive never been to this track. This one is longer and faster. Im kinda scared, lol.
Old 01-18-2008, 01:41 PM
Launching!

nt01's are road racing tires, so they have a stiffer sidewall than 555r's. So no, its not a upgrade from 555r's if youre talking drag racing
Old 01-18-2008, 03:43 PM
TECH Junkie

Sounds like he's talking about a road racing track. Does the track have instructors? Just take it slow at first, and pick it up as you go along, you know the basics.

Are HPS pads sufficient for a road race track? I wouldn't know, but since road racing consists of stopping at high speeds... I'd make sure I had good pads. I'd think you'd want at least ATE blue fluid or something with a higher boiling point. I know a lot of people like ATE and some dont for road racing.

I should get my **** out to one of the local tracks this year and try road racing
Old 01-19-2008, 08:31 AM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ditch the HPS pads, I faded mine within 2 laps on street tires, with brake ducts. And run straight water to help with cooling.