Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

SLP Line Lock Help

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2008, 04:44 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default SLP Line Lock Help

I just installed an SLP line lock and bled the brakes but I can't seem to verify if it is working. I can hear the solonoid click when I flip the switch but the brakes seem to work the same either way.

Not sure how this is supposed to work? Do I apply the brakes, flip the switch, burn-out, and then release the brakes or what? With the car up in the air, what can I do to verify the function?

It's a little late to ask but does this work with ABS? SLP did not mention it so it did not occur to me that it might not.

Thanks,

Steve
Old 01-19-2008, 09:57 PM
Launching!

I didn't have much time earlier to search but I looked around now and found that people recommend pumping a couple times before engaging and that seemed to work - don't know why.

Works great now but I will definitely consider wiring/switching positive so that a short to ground does not engage the solonoid.

Steve
Old 01-19-2008, 10:14 PM
10 Second Club

on older cars i no pumping the brakes will build up the pressure but not on a newer car. as long as it works.
Old 01-19-2008, 11:14 PM
11 Second Club

running SLP lock for last 5-6 years, never a problem, holds great, never a need to pump/ not a simgle time. press brake, set lock, burn tires, front tires never move
my .02' Johnny
Old 01-20-2008, 05:34 PM
12 Second Club

Why did you buy a line lock if you don't know how they work? Press and hold the brakes, flip the switch, release the pedal, burnout, then flip the switch to release the front brakes. BTW the SLP line lock wiring is unsafe since it uses a switched ground wire. If you get a short in that wire it can activate the line lock accidentally. I rewired mine so it's switched positive now and has an activation switch and a momentary switch for the line lock.

Quick Reply: SLP Line Lock Help