Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Help, wierd motion...

Old 01-29-2008, 01:13 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Help, wierd motion...

I've been to 3 different shops with this and noone can really answer me what is going on (without me paying to get really into it). Heres the skinny: when I'm going down the road the car moves from side to side, like someone is leaning on it almost. It gets really bad once in a while where I have to steer to keep in my lane. It feels like its mostly from the back. Alignment is good, front and back, axle is centered, eveything is tight afaik, tires inflated properly and no weird wear. The only thing I can think is maybe my rear shocks have come loose up in the top under the seat and the rod ends on the LCA's are allowing a lot of movement. Anyone have any other suggestions of what to look at? There is no noise at all.
Old 01-29-2008, 01:44 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Rod ends would help combat excess movement. Could be a number of things. get under your car and check every nut and bolt on the suspension. Thats the only real way your going to find it. Do you have wider tires than stock? almost sounds like the car is tracking to groves in the road.
Old 01-29-2008, 03:38 AM
TECH Addict

I'm going to bet a small amount of money that your sway bar end links are broke (one of them at least). I had this problem on my third gen and it did the same thing. The other thing it could be is shocks but only if they are completely shot.
Old 01-29-2008, 03:50 AM
TECH Fanatic

Didn't look at the links, I'll check that. Shocks have like 2500 miles on them, maybe. Its definitely not tracking the grooves in the road, I know what that feels like. It feels more like the rear end shifting from side to side.
Old 02-09-2008, 08:32 AM
TECH Regular

The exact thing is happening in my 28Kmile Camaro SS. I have BMR Subframe connectors too. I put a torque arm mount in that didnt solve it. I have tightened the entire rear but have not drove it yet, I will tell ya soon. One of the LCA's wasnt as tight as I would like it but I havent checked the sway bar at all. We need to solve this problem.
Old 02-11-2008, 07:04 PM
12 Second Club

Side to side...hmm not sure. Brother had an issue of too short of DS so it would do a more up and down movement down the track...good luck

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Help, wierd motion...