Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Suspension Questions.....

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2008, 12:44 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Suspension Questions.....

Ok, im not really familiar with everything suspension wise. Ill be doing my suspension sometime in the next few month's....

I know everyone mention's Strano Spring's around here. So im thinking ill go with those as well, but what all do i really need to get???

Spring's, shock's, anything else??? What shock's to go with?? & etc.

Im thinking ill lower it 1.5" in the back, & 1" in the front. Going for the look but also want it to handle right.

Any help would be appreciated.
Old 02-04-2008, 03:06 PM
TECH Apprentice

You will need springs/shocks/and Adjustable Panhard rod since ur lowering

Majority of the ppl on here will say to get the Koni shocks since they will work the best with Strano's springs.

Call Sam up and talk to him.... www.stranoparts.com

do it right the first time around and never look back
Old 02-04-2008, 03:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

UMI sells a kit with everything you need. Stranos and Konis included with an adj. PHB.
Old 02-04-2008, 03:43 PM
Launching!

Before you make a decision check out BMR'S springs. Ive go a set on my car and the work great and weren't to expensive
Old 02-04-2008, 07:38 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If your gonna do springs and Konis you might as well upgrade the sways too so you can get the most out of your setup. Sam's kit made a night and day difference in my car. He designed it to work together and you are shortchanging youself if you don't get a complete package IMHO. I have driven a couple other setups and and by far prefer Sam's.
Old 02-05-2008, 10:57 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 140 Likes on 91 Posts

And Sam sells all of UMI's parts as well.....

I don't think that everything is "needed" in every kit no matter who sells it (myself included). Which is why, though I have packages, I prefer to work with the person to see if indeed any particular kit is right. If it's not, we simply pick and choose what we need or want.

As always, I'm about the right end result more than the easy sale. This is why I spend time (often a lot of it) before any sale and after any sale on explaining parts, how they interact, what they do, and ultimately how to set them up.
13 SCCA Pro Solo Nationals Championships
2023 UMI King of the Mountain Champion
Old 02-10-2008, 07:51 PM
TECH Addict

Alright thank's for the info guy's, when the time come's and ive got the money to do this. Ill more then likely be getting in touch with you Sam.....Heard nothing but good thing's about doing business with you.