Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

True duals with pro-kit??

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2008, 07:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default True duals with pro-kit??

I know people have ran true duals on a lowered car, but how practical is driving?? I live on back-country roads in East TN and am already worried about draggin my car after I install the springs. I know that the duals will be even lower and that really worries me. But, another quick question, what else do I need for my spring install other than the springs??

Thanks,
Ryan
Old 02-19-2008, 08:53 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Im running duals out the back with the pro-kit, and it never bottoms out during any street driving... However, itll drag over any speedbump, and also into most shopping centers out here, since they have a steep up and down entrance, so itll drag at the apex of the driveway. I actually have tar covering the length of my exhaust after dragging it over a freshly paved speedbump, haha. Im actually considering going back to a single setup, just because its a bit more practical. Im constantly getting leaks where the cats mount to the headers, do to it constantly being jostled from dragging it over things. I should point out that my setup isnt tucked super close to the body, so there might be a tiny bit of clearance to be had. Theres some pics on the site in my sig if it helps.

As far as the springs, the only thing you would need aside from basic tools is a spring compressor. You can borrow one from Autozone for free, or any local shop that has a loan-a-tool program.
Old 02-19-2008, 09:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well, I was definately planning on dumping them at the axles. So that kinda scares me a bit. Anybody got a pic from behind the car with dumps??
Old 02-19-2008, 09:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

check my fquick
Old 03-25-2008, 08:12 PM
12 Second Club

I scrape my 3" TD's all the time and i have a prokit. Any speed bump its going to scrape and some that are big its reeeal bad going over those. I've had it scrape on traintracks, hills, uneven pavement. I am actually thinkin about having a 2.5" TD custom made and have it tuck up as close as possible.
Old 03-25-2008, 08:32 PM
On The Tree

here a pic
Attached Thumbnails True duals with pro-kit??-01camaross-038.jpg